We promote end-to-end energy production and delivery excellence by:
- providing relevant, accurate and timely benchmarking information on cost, performance, and staffing
- promoting outstanding cross functional networking opportunities and information exchange
- establishing a forum for direct exchange of best practices, lessons learned, and operating experience
EUCG is a member-based trade association comprised of professionals from utility companies that meets semi-annually to provide a forum and tools to exchange information, share lessons learned, and find solutions to industry issues.
Electric utility plant and company challenges are identified and information is exchanged with the purpose of improving performance and increasing company value and competitiveness. Best-in-class performance data is readily available to participating members.
As a non-profit trade association, EUCG is governed by a Board of Directors elected by the membership and has established policies and procedures for guiding the organization in a professional and systematic manner. The membership is committed to promoting accurate, high-quality, and efficient data management. These efforts enable companies to benefit from others' best practices. Networking among members provides reliable information exchange. The association's operations are funded via annual dues per committee membership. Currently, EUCG has committees in the areas of:
- Nuclear Power
- Fossil Power
- Hydroelectric Power
- Solar Power
- Transmission and Distribution
- Battery Energy Storate System Working Group
The committees are made up of both national and international electric utilities with some committees having as much as 100% participation of the national electric utility companies.
Current EUCG Products and Services Include:
- Semi-annual workshops
- Cost and Performance Benchmarking
- Process Benchmarking
- Industry Financial Analyses
- Asset Replacement Cost Strategies
- Identification of Industry Best Practices
- Electric Utility Staffing Comparisons and Analyses
EUCG works with all of its members, focusing on their interests to identify and deliver products and services to meet their needs.